Summer and Fall bridal expo season is just around the corner. What are you doing to prepare? Just showing up with no forethought to what you will do in your booth or setting goals for how your will collect and follow up with leads is a sure way to fail.
From time to time we hear comments like “I only got 3 weddings from the last show, I’m not sure its working for me”. 3 weddings might be a great result for one company and not so great for another. What was your revenue from those 3 weddings and what was the cost of the show? How many more weddings will you get in the future from friends of those 3 weddings? Did you follow up on all your leads?
Bottom line the ultimate responsible person for success at a bridal show is YOU! The show producers job is to bring in the brides. Read through some of the tips below to see how you can improve your performance at the next show you are in. Ask yourself, would you rather not meet the couples walking through that show? Would you rather stay home when your competition is there?
The 2017 Bridal Spectacular “Veils & Vino” Bridal Show is just around the corner where more than 700 engaged couples will be looking to meet the wedding professionals and services they need for their wedding.
Before the Show
You still have plenty of time to connect with brides before the show begins. Consider utilizing pre-show promotions to help drive brides directly to your booth, such as:
- Send out a pre-show email blast or postcard and ask brides to stop by to see you. You can also email personal invites with a special message or promotion you will be running during the show.
- Share the Bridal Spectacular show schedule on your website and social media sites with a link to sign-up for a one-on-one consultation.
- Post announcements on your social media channels asking your followers to visit you at the show. You can also run a social media contest or provide an exclusive social media offer for those who stop by. Use #BridalSpectacular2017 and #WedPro2017 to save your couples $5 off admission.
- Offer brides a special gift or discount if they come visit your booth.
- Remember to include your booth number on all your pre-show communications, including emails, direct mail, ads, social media and your website.
Make Your Booth Stand Out
Having a great looking booth with branded signage and handouts is fundamental to help you look professional and standout to brides. Be sure to create and order any booth materials well in advance, including banners, business cards, brochures/handouts, signage, as well as a way to track your booth visitors.
To make it even easier for our exhibitors, Bridal Spectacular has teamed up with local advertising agency, Up All Day Creative Solutions, to provide you with an exclusive discount for custom designed marketing materials to help you get the most out of your show experience. To learn more, please click here.
Watch for our next post to share ideas on Preparing your team, Sales at the show and Post Show Follow up